Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
One of the best practices for learning about parenting is talking with current parents about
their experiences, struggles, and rewarding moments. In this assignment, you are
required to conduct an interview with a current parent. The parent chosen for the
interview can be your own parent, your relative, your friend’s parent, or a parent that you
know and respect. The chosen parent MUST have at least 5 years experience as a
parent. Prior to conducting the interview, you must get a signed consent from the parent
to turn into the instructor on D2L by Friday 10/23rd 2020. (Consent form can be
from this assignment folder on D2L). Once you have completed the interview, you will
develop a thoughtful and thorough write–‐up of the parent’s interview responses
and your reflections in a 3-5-page paper.
The interview of a parent paper must meet the following format to receive full credit:
• 3-5 pages (Page length begins at the start of your first paragraph, not
your name or title. This means the paper should be AT LEAST 3 full
• Double‐spaced, 12-point font, Times New Roman, 1-inch margins, APA
format (for HDFS, psych, education, and social science majors).
• Other formats e.g. MLA, Chocago are acceptable but APA is the primary
format for assignments in this course.
• Guidelines for how to format/write in APA format are on D2L.
You are required to ask the questions below during the interview with the parent. You
can and may ask more questions if you like but the list below must be covered first.
Additionally, in your essay, you MUST touch on ALL the following questions in some
1. What influences the way you parent your children?
a. How does the way you were parented influence your parenting?
a. How does your culture (i.e. intersectionality of race, ethnicity, class,
gender, sexuality, religion, work, etc.) influence your parenting?
b. How do your experiences with your child influence the way you parent?
2. What have been the most rewarding and challenging aspects of being a parent,
3. Has the way you parent changed as your children have aged, and why or why
a. How has your parenting style changed from when your children were
babies/toddlers, to young children, to elementary aged children, to
adolescents (if applicable), to young adults (if applicable)?
Created in Master PDF Editor
4. If you could go back and change anything about the way you have parented,
what would that be and why?
5. What do you wish you would have known about being a parent prior to
becoming a parent, and why?
6. What has been the most beneficial parenting advice you have been given, and
a. What would be the one piece of advice you would give a future pare
The post Learning about parenting first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.