Aristotle, Oedipus Rex, Antigone – Essaylink
Get your Assignment in a Minimum of 3 hours
Our academic experts are ready and waiting to assist with any writing project you may have. From simple essay plans, through to full dissertations, you can guarantee we have a service perfectly matched to your needs.
1. What is the function and psychological mechanism of catharsis according to Aristotle? Explain the meaning of the term. Why do we have to watch a tragedy (instead a comedy) to experience catharsis? Use Oedipus Rex as an example.
2. Discuss the differences and similarities between Aristotle and Plato on art. What are the functions of art according to them and how do they understand the role and function of the poet in the society? Explain the term mimesis in this context.
SEGMENT 2: OEDIPUS REX
1. Explain term hamartia. What kind of error of the protagonist does it imply? Does it have a moral aspect according to Aristotle? Why, why not? Refer to the personal character of Oedipus in this context.
2. How would you argue that Oedipus has free will? How does Oedipus try to reconcile his actions with the prophecy of Apollo? Does Oedipus have free will? How does Bernard Knox (video) argue that Oedipus has free will?
3. What does make Oedipus a tragic character. Discus his personal character and refer to examples of his actions in Oedipus Rex and to Aristotelian categories in Poetics.
SEGMENT 3: ANTIGONE
1. Explain the moral dilemma Antigone faces. What is the essence of any moral dilemma? What are the moral and legal consequences of her choice?
2. Discuss the personal qualities of Antigone and Ismene and show how their personalities and values affect their decisions.
3. What does make Antigone a tragic character? Refer to Aristotelian categories in Poetics
The post Aristotle, Oedipus Rex, Antigone first appeared on COMPLIANT PAPERS.
"Is this question part of your assignment? We Can Help!"
"Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!""Our Prices Start at $11.99. As Our First Client, Use Coupon Code GET15 to claim 15% Discount This Month!!"Get A Price Estimate